OCP Webinar: Powering the Metaverse
Join us to discuss the future of data center technologies in the Metaverse!
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM PT
The Metaverse represents a very large jump in computational power, networking, and storage capacity. This is complemented by low latency computational capacity to be located near the end user. This will push the limits on data center infrastructure from a compute density, power efficiency and cooling requirements.
Co-sponsored by Intel and Inspur, this webinar discusses the requirements to deliver the Metaverse, and how OCP will address these requirements: distributed IT ecosystems at scale and over a wide geography, open hardware and software, standardized modules, disaggregated storage and dynamically sharable memory, and other elements currently in development in OCP projects.
- Cliff Grossner (Moderator): OCP
- Kuba Stolarski (Analyst): IDC
- Alan Chang (Panelist): Inspur
- John Miranda (Panelist): Intel
During the webinar, you’ll learn:
- What is the Metaverse?
- What are leading use cases?
- What types of technologies might it deploy?
- What computational challenges will it bring and what does it mean for data center and edge computing?
- OCP community innovations that will help
- Solutions embedding OCP community innovations
- Innovation and product roadmap for Metaverse
This webinar is brought to you in part by Intel® Xeon® Platinum processor.